Attendees: Ken Moreland (SNL), Nick Davis (SNL), David Pugmire (ORNL), Ollie Lo (LANL), James Kress (ORNL), Robert Maynard (Kitware), Silvio Rizzi (ANL), Hank Childs (UO), Matt Larsen (LLNL), Berk Geveci (Kitware), Sujin Philip (Kitware), Vicente Bolea (Kitware)
- Reminder that there is a $20K limit for equipment/materials. If over 20K is needed, approval from ORNL office is needed.
- Early ALCF system, Yarrow is arriving in August.
- If you need access and are ready to use it now, let me know.
- Does anyone need access to Tulip for early ORNL system?
- Cray COMPASS program
- Like the Cray User's Group but with NDA
- Provides biweekly technical meetings
- Unfortunately, I didn't get word of signups until the deadline passed
- ECP ST Annual Reviews October 5 - 9, 2020
- Signups not available yet
- Let me know your availability beforehand with the following poll
- Exascale preparations: now, 6, 12, 18 months
- Mike and Jim looking for roadmap for exascale preparations
- Looks like this will be a big part of our project review
- Let's think about possible highlights
- App engagement
- Success with porting (e.g. run on Aurora)
- Engagement with other ST teams (e.g. using Kokkos)
- Special ECP issue of Transition to Accelerated Nodes
- Decided to have an article summarizing publications showing device portability + use cases.
ECP task updates
Campaign to compile on new pre-exascale architectures by October.
Rename master branch?
- Need to wait for some changes to git before the transition (for some automated features of repo).
- Can we for a time have a master that mirrors the new default?
- Don't know, but seems possible. Will have to look into that.