- Planning work detail for FY20 and beyond
- Will have a meeting next month to solidify FY20Q1 plans
- All PI's: edit https://confluence.exascaleproject.org/display/STDA05/FY20-FY23+Activities+WorkSheet
- Needs to be completed before our meeting
ECP deliverable updates
- [MS-19/08] Point Movement 2
- Done except user's guide.
- Let's get this done next week.
- [MS-19/09] Path Geometry
- Added polyline support to VTK-m explicit cell sets
- [MS-20/01] Lightweight Cell Library
- Been doing some changes on the interface to the VTK-m cell library.
- Most of the underlying library is ready.
- Almost ready.
- Still need to implement VTK-m data around it.
- [MS-20/02] Specialized Data Models
- Mark Kim working on this.
- [MS-20/03] Feature-Sensitive Surface Norm
- Bumped up CUDA version so that we have our required CUDA 9
- Can get back to actual algorithm
- [MS-20/04] VTK-m Release 3
- On track
- Probably June would be a good time for a release.
- [MS-20/05] Cell Metrics
- Brent and Daniel are working on an MR.
- Steven Walton is getting engaged on this.
- Initial MR will only be about 1/3 of the metrics.
- First MR is moving forward
- Will advance after that.
- Hank might have to jump in during the summer.
- [MS-20/06] Contouring
- Will model the problem after triangulation. Have different contouring for each cell type.
- Ollie looking into VTK implementation and flying edge paper.
- [MS-20/07] Advanced Flow Algorithms
- Abhishek and Dave have been working on performance fixes for unstructured grids.
- James and Dave have been fixing bugs for distributed memory and for unstructured grids.
The hackathon will be held in Albuquerque starting July 30. Everyone planning on attending should register. Go to Hackathon 2019-07-30 for details.
We should try to collect some ECP data so that as we do reporting we can quickly generate relevant images. It would be great if we could also share across ALPINE and other vis projects.
- Terry Turton has collected some stuff from LANL. Not sure if can be sent out.
- She might have a list of distributed data in different places
No meeting two weeks from now.