Attendees: Ken Moreland (SNL), Rob Maynard (Kitware), Ollie Lo (LANL), Matt Larsen (LLNL), Abhishek Yenpure (UO), Dave Pugmire (ORNL), Sujin Philip (Kitware), Hank Childs (UO), Berk Geveci (Kitware)
- Starting to plan work detail for FY20 and beyond
- All PI's: edit https://confluence.exascaleproject.org/display/STDA05/FY20-FY23+Activities+WorkSheet
- Please finish filling this out soon.
ECP deliverable updates
- [MS-19/08] Point Movement 2
- Done except user's guide.
- [MS-19/09] Path Geometry
- Ramping up
- Some of the functionality is already there
- Probably need to add a poly-line cell type
- [MS-20/01] Lightweight Cell Library
- Been doing some changes on the interface to the VTK-m cell library.
- Most of the underlying library is ready.
- Almost ready.
- Still need to implement VTK-m data around it.
- [MS-20/02] Specialized Data Models
- Mark Kim working on this.
- [MS-20/03] Feature-Sensitive Surface Norm
- Bumped up CUDA version so that we have our required CUDA 9
- Can get back to actual algorithm
- [MS-20/04] VTK-m Release 3
- On track
- Probably June would be a good time for a release.
- [MS-20/05] Cell Metrics
- Brent and Daniel are working on an MR.
- Steven Walton is getting engaged on this.
- Initial MR will only be about 1/3 of the metrics.
- First MR is moving forward
- Will advance after that.
- [MS-20/06] Contouring
- Will model the problem after triangulation. Have different contouring for each cell type.
- Ollie looking into VTK implementation and flying edge paper.
- [MS-20/07] Advanced Flow Algorithms
- Looking into some performance regressions.
- Oregon will push on FTLE.
- ORNL will work on stream surfaces and Poincare plot
- Dave looking into VTK-h code to handle corner cases of particles moving between domains.
- Some existing code assumes axis-aligned rectilinear grids
- Berk volunteers time to help bringing code from VTK-h into VTK-m
We should try to collect some ECP data so that as we do reporting we can quickly generate relevant images. It would be great if we could also share across ALPINE and other vis projects.
- Terry Turton has collected some stuff from LANL. Not sure if can be sent out.
- She might have a list of distributed data in different places
- Thoughts on perhaps holding it at or near LANL to capture their summer students
- Ollie and Ken will look into it and report next week
- Otherwise Oregon in October
Rob will take over meeting May 29 to talk to Thrust folks.
- Will be sending out details later
Rob has been getting VTK-m/Summit stuff working. Fixed up some memory leaks.
Sujin working on getting VTK-m updated in VTK. There are some issues with method declared as VTK_CONT used in the exec environment.