Attendees: Ken Moreland (ORNL), Ollie Lo (LANL), Terry Turton (LANL), Silvio Rizzi (ANL), Dave Pugmire (ORNL), Hank Childs (UO), Matt Larsen (LLNL), Sujin Philip (Kitware)
- Submitted new PCRs for work at SNL and LANL
- Let's think about possible highlights
- App engagement
- Success with porting (e.g. run on Aurora)
- Engagement with other ST teams (e.g. using Kokkos)
- Submitted highlight on integration with EFFIS
- Expect to submit another highlight when used in a big run
- Possible highlight slide on particle advection with WarpX (Matt)
ECP task updates
Update P6 Activites. No links. Generic statements across integrations (e.g. work with ECP partners to identify specific needs of the group, address specific needs, etc.) Perhaps "maintain and harden VTK-m software for key stakeholders such as Ascent and apps such as..."
Clean up P6 Activities so that it doesn't just list detailed stuff.
Version 1.6.0-rc1 is released. What do we need to do before the official release? Update Ascent? Update VTK? Others?
A new machine will be deploying a new machine: Polaris. Intended to help science teams be ready for exascale machines.
Wiki will go away at some point (and will definitely move soon). We should avoid using it for anything other than these notes.
Filter redesign requirements: https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk-m/-/issues/601
Matt working on WarpX highlight.
Rename master branch?
- Need to wait for some changes to git before the transition (for some automated features of repo).
- Can we for a time have a master that mirrors the new default?
- Don't know, but seems possible. Will have to look into that.