Attendees: Nick Davis (SNL), Ken Moreland (SNL), Matt Larsen (LLNL), Berk Geveci (Kitware), Catlin Ross (Kitware), Silvio Rizzi (ANL), Sujin Philip (Kitware), Ollie Lo (LANL), Vicente Bolea (Kitware)
- Let's think about possible highlights
- App engagement
- Success with porting (e.g. run on Aurora)
- Engagement with other ST teams (e.g. using Kokkos)
- Submitted highlight on integration with EFFIS
- Expect to submit another highlight when used in a big run
- Possible highlight slide on particle advection with WarpX (Matt).
ECP task updates
Wiki might go down real soon. Might need to capture.
We need some redesign design workflow for branchy release process
- When we create a VTK-m release, we have a branch for that release (at least until the subsequent release).
- New feature development continues on the main branch
- _Bug fixes_ happen off the release branch
- Get merged to both the release branch and the master branch
- This in principal should already be supported by GitLab
- Just create a merge request on a different branch
- Will need to add support to gitlab-push
- Ask VTK folks. They might just have a select few to do a special process.
- Need to check that bot stuff works (CI builds, Do: merge, etc.)
Should think about releasing VTK-m 1.6, 2.0.
Filter redesign requirements: https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk-m/-/issues/601
Matt working on WarpX highlight.
Rename master branch?
- Need to wait for some changes to git before the transition (for some automated features of repo).
- Can we for a time have a master that mirrors the new default?
- Don't know, but seems possible. Will have to look into that.