Attendees: Ken Moreland (SNL), Ollie Lo (LANL), Vicente Bolea (Kitware), Terry Turton (LANL), Berk Geveci (Kitware), Hank Childs (UO), Nick Thompson (ORNL), Sujin Philip (Kitware), Dave Pugmire (ORNL), Matt Larsen (LLNL), Silvio Rizzi (ANL), James Kress (ORNL), Nick Davis (SNL)
- New requirements for KPP-3
- Need to document progress
- Show results on INT issues
- Let's think about possible highlights
- App engagement
- Success with porting (e.g. run on Aurora)
- Engagement with other ST teams (e.g. using Kokkos)
- Submitted highlight on integration with EFFIS
- Expect to submit another highlight when used in a big run
- Possible highlight slide on particle advection with WarpX (Matt).
ECP task updates
We have some issues with floating point exceptions. Usually we have floating point exceptions turned off because frankly we don't care. However, some simulations, which we want to run in situ with, do care a lot about bad floating point math. We should do our best to make sure we don't bring down such a simulation. We probably at some point need to turn on floating point exceptions in one or all dashboards to check for these conditions.
Should think about releasing VTK-m 1.6, 2.0.
Matt working on WarpX highlight.
David Pugmire gave short 10 min presentation to Alpine internal review. It would be good to have him repeat it for VTK-m. - Maybe have Silvio present, too.
Rename master branch?
- Need to wait for some changes to git before the transition (for some automated features of repo).
- Can we for a time have a master that mirrors the new default?
- Don't know, but seems possible. Will have to look into that.