Attendees: Ken Moreland (SNL), David Pugmire (ORNL), Nick Davis (SNL), Hank Childs (UO), Sujin Philip (Kitware), Ollie Lo (LANL), Matt Larsen (LLNL), Berk Geveci (Kitware), Abhishek Yenpure (UO)
- ECP Independent Project Review pushed from October to February
- Means several of our deadlines have been pushed back
- ECP ST Annual Reviews: Delayed to Dec 7-11
- Still "keen" on collecting information about early access systems by end of August
- Let's think about possible highlights
- App engagement
- Success with porting (e.g. run on Aurora)
- Engagement with other ST teams (e.g. using Kokkos)
- 2 probable highlights: (1) Its in Effis (2) it was used in a big run
- Special ECP issue of Transition to Accelerated Nodes
- Decided to have an article summarizing publications showing device portability + use cases.
ECP task updates
Matt Larsen has run into an issue with CUDA 11 where it is complaining while compiling DIY that the std:: namespace does not seem to exist. The issue might be related to new CUDA features that support more std objects on devices. As of now, no one has a good solution.
Rename master branch?
- Need to wait for some changes to git before the transition (for some automated features of repo).
- Can we for a time have a master that mirrors the new default?
- Don't know, but seems possible. Will have to look into that.