Attendees: Ken Moreland (SNL), Brent Lessley (UO), Allie Vacanti (Kitware), Dave Pugmire (ORNL), Rob Maynard (Kitware), Matt Larsen (LLNL), Nick Davis (SNL), Ollie Lo (LANL), Hank Childs (ORNL), Sujin Philip (Kitware), Berk Geveci (Kitware)
- Planning work detail for FY20 and beyond
- Will have a meeting next month to solidify FY20Q1 plans
- All PI's: edit https://confluence.exascaleproject.org/display/STDA05/FY20-FY23+Activities+WorkSheet
- Needs to be completed before our meeting
- End of Q3 fast approaching
- Quarterly reporting is mostly done
- Waiting on approval for milestone memo
- Update any professional activity if you have anything
ECP deliverable updates
- [MS-19/08] Point Movement 2
- [MS-19/09] Path Geometry
- Added polyline support to VTK-m explicit cell sets
- Working on worklets and filters that will build polylines and implement the path geometry.
- [MS-20/01] Lightweight Cell Library
- Have implementation for Quad and implementing some tests using random cell generation.
- Other cells will be implemented similarly.
- Working on tests right now.
- [MS-20/02] Specialized Data Models
- Mark Kim making progress on extruded cells.
- Hoping for round 1 MR later this week.
- [MS-20/03] Feature-Sensitive Surface Norm
- Graph traversal is working - this tricky part of walking the data set is working
- [MS-20/04] VTK-m Release 3
- On track
- Probably June would be a good time for a release.
- Rob expects to mark soon
- [MS-20/05] Cell Metrics
- Brent has a version ready to merge. Going to submit an MR later today.
- More functionality will be add incrementally
- [MS-20/06] Contouring
- Ollie has started coding. Has some design questions he will ask offline.
- [MS-20/07] Advanced Flow Algorithms
- Abhishek and Dave have been working on performance fixes for unstructured grids.
- James and Dave have been fixing bugs for distributed memory and for unstructured grids.
- Abhishek is working on FTLE
The hackathon will be held in Albuquerque starting July 30. Everyone planning on attending should register. Go to Hackathon 2019-07-30 for details.
Hank is planning to create some slides for a tutorial at the beginning of the hackathon.
We should try to collect some ECP data so that as we do reporting we can quickly generate relevant images. It would be great if we could also share across ALPINE and other vis projects.
- Terry Turton has collected some stuff from LANL. Not sure if can be sent out.
- She might have a list of distributed data in different places
There was a long discussion on the naming conventions for topology maps. We all agreed that it should change.
Rob has been working on the split sharp edge issue that Allie reported.
Matt is struggling with static builds in VTK-m with CUDA.
Ken ran into some issues on CUDA that he thinks is related to an assumption in VTK-m that the structure of virtual objects will be the same on the host and device (even if the virtual table is different). That might not be the case with the Microsoft compiler.
- Rob does not feel that this is Ken's issue. More likely the cause is that CUDA only works with static libraries. The dynamic will not work.
No meetings next two weeks.