Attendees: Ken Moreland (SNL), Matt Larsen (LLN), Nick Davis (SNL), Rob Maynard (Kitware), Abhishek Yenpure (UO), James Kress (ORNL), Sujin Philip (Kitware), Hank Childs (UO), Vicente Bolea (Kitware), Silvio Rizzi (ANL), Ollie Lo (LANL)
- ST Testing & Docs Hackathon
- Register to attend: https://www.exascaleproject.org/event/e4s-210112/
- Project Review
- NDA slides sent to Mike and Jim
- No word on whether they want a separate discussion, but the slides were shared with some appropriate people
- ECP Project Readiness portal
- ECP Annual Meeting: April 12-15
- Announced it will be pure virtual
- Submissions for tutorials, breakouts, and other things open (deadline January 15)
- Peas-in-a-pod meeting? https://confluence.exascaleproject.org/display/1ST/Peas-in-a-Pod+Planning
- Do we want to organize VTK-m tutorial or breakout? (Usually couple with Alpine.)
- Might have presence at Alpine and/or ADIOS events
- Quarterly reports no longer necessary
- Let's think about possible highlights
- App engagement
- Success with porting (e.g. run on Aurora)
- Engagement with other ST teams (e.g. using Kokkos)
- Submitted highlight on integration with EFFIS
- Expect to submit another highlight when used in a big run
- Possible highlight slide on particle advection with WarpX.
- Mailing list
ECP task updates
Ken working on method to pull out a component of an unknown array to drastically reduce the number of templated code paths generated.
Matt working on WarpX highlight.
No meeting next week.
David Pugmire gave short 10 min presentation to Alpine internal review. It would be good to have him repeat it for VTK-m. - Maybe have Silvio present, too.
Rename master branch?
- Need to wait for some changes to git before the transition (for some automated features of repo).
- Can we for a time have a master that mirrors the new default?
- Don't know, but seems possible. Will have to look into that.