Attendees: Ken Moreland (SNL), Ollie Lo (LANL), Nick Davis (SNL), Hank Childs (UO), Silvio Rizzi (ANL), James Kress (ORNL), Berk Geveci (Kitware), Vicente Bolea (Kitware), Sujin Philip (Kitware), Robert Maynard (Kitware), David Pugmire (ORNL)
- Those who need access to Iris should have JLSE accounts.
- Not sure if your project has access to Iris yet.
- Set up tutorial/demo with Silvio
- Does anyone need access to Tulip for early ORNL system?
- ECP ST Annual Reviews October 5 - 9, 2020
- Signups not available yet
- Let me know your availability beforehand with the following poll
- Not sure if template slides are going to be created
- Exascale preparations: now, 6, 12, 18 months
- Mike and Jim looking for roadmap for exascale preparations
- Looks like this will be a big part of our project review
- Let's think about possible highlights
- App engagement
- Success with porting (e.g. run on Aurora)
- Engagement with other ST teams (e.g. using Kokkos)
- Special ECP issue of Transition to Accelerated Nodes
- Decided to have an article summarizing publications showing device portability + use cases.
ECP task updates
Silvio able to compile with Intel SDK with Kokkos branch (for the CPU). Building with OpenMP offload fails to build. Have contacted Intel to address some issues.
Campaign to compile on new pre-exascale architectures by October.
Rename master branch?
- Need to wait for some changes to git before the transition (for some automated features of repo).
- Can we for a time have a master that mirrors the new default?
- Don't know, but seems possible. Will have to look into that.