Attendees: Ken Moreland (SNL), Dave Pugmire (ORNL), Rob Maynard (Kitware), Hank Childs (UO), Matt Larsen (LLNL), Abhishek Yenpure (UO), Nick Davis (SNL), Silvio Rizzi (ANL), Berk Geveci (Kitware), Sujin Philip (Kitware), Vicente Bolea (Kitware)
- ECP Project review scheduled December 8, 2:30 MT.
- We are being asked by Jim and Mike if we are ready to plug VTK-m into the CI infrastructure on the EAS platforms.
- Details are here (slide 17): https://confluence.exascaleproject.org/display/1ST/2020-10-19+Meeting+Notes+and+Actions
- ECP Annual Meeting: April 12-15
- Submissions for tutorials, breakouts, and other things open (deadline December 15)
- Do we want to organize VTK-m tutorial or breakout? (Usually couple with Alpine.)
- Might have presence at Alpine and/or ADIOS events
- Let's think about possible highlights
- App engagement
- Success with porting (e.g. run on Aurora)
- Engagement with other ST teams (e.g. using Kokkos)
- Submitted highlight on integration with EFFIS
- Expect to submit another highlight when used in a big run
- Possible highlight slide on particle advection with WarpX.
ECP task updates
WarpX has been pushing for a visualization for keynote as ISAV. Using Ascent/VTK-m under the covers. Been working through issues on that.
David Pugmire gave short 10 min presentation to Alpine internal review. It would be good to have him repeat it for VTK-m. - Maybe have Silvio present, too.
Follow up for benchmarking of Kokkos. Do we have profiling of what is being run during the "slow" filter benchmarks? Sujin is working on changes to the Kokkos device adapter that use Kokkos algorithms like scan and sort for the cases where it is supported. After that we can benchmark again.
Rename master branch?
- Need to wait for some changes to git before the transition (for some automated features of repo).
- Can we for a time have a master that mirrors the new default?
- Don't know, but seems possible. Will have to look into that.