Attendees: Ken Moreland (SNL), Rob Maynard (Kitware), Nick Davis (SNL), Ollie Lo (LANL), Dave Pugmire (ORNL), Hank Childs (UO), Matt Larsen (LLNL), Silvio Rizzi (ANL), Nick Thompson (ORNL), James Kress (ORNL)
- ECP Independent Project Review pushed from October to February
- Means several of our deadlines have been pushed back
- ECP ST Annual Reviews: Delayed to Dec 7-11
- Still "keen" on collecting information about early access systems by end of August
- Exascale preparations: now, 6, 12, 18 months
- Mike and Jim looking for roadmap for exascale preparations
- Looks like this will be a big part of our project review
- ECP Annual meeting announced: April 12-15
- Obviously contingent on travel restrictions being lifted
- Let's think about possible highlights
- App engagement
- Success with porting (e.g. run on Aurora)
- Engagement with other ST teams (e.g. using Kokkos)
- Special ECP issue of Transition to Accelerated Nodes
- Decided to have an article summarizing publications showing device portability + use cases.
ECP task updates
Review schedule changes.
Is there an issue with GCC 4.8 tests?
- Does not seem to be an issue.
- Well, actually, things like the deadlock in merge trees and broken connected components tests seem to be on GCC 4.8. Is it an issue with the compiler or the algorithms?
Rename master branch?
- Need to wait for some changes to git before the transition (for some automated features of repo).
- Can we for a time have a master that mirrors the new default?
- Don't know, but seems possible. Will have to look into that.