Attendees: Kenneth Moreland (SNL), Nick Davis (SNL), Terry Turton (LANL), James Kress (ORNL), Matt Larsen (LLNL), Hank Childs (UO), David Pugmire (ORNL), Ollie Lo (LANL), Sujin Philip (Kitware), Berk Geveci (Kitware), Vicente Bolea (Kitware)
Coordinating large commits to VTK-m. Need to better organize how VTK-m team can help ALPINE team with their larger development pushes.
- Reminder that there is a $20K limit for equipment/materials. If over 20K is needed, approval from ORNL office is needed.
- FY21 funding is out.
- Under $300K: all money sent. Over, 50% is sent out. The second 50% of FY21 funding will hopefully be out by end of Q1 in FY21.
- Your lab will probably take some time for that money to be available for charging, but can start pushing if low on funds.
- Early ALCF system, Yarrow is arriving in August.
- Does anyone need access to Tulip for early ORNL system?
- Let's think about possible highlights
- App engagement
- Success with porting (e.g. run on Aurora)
- Engagement with other ST teams (e.g. using Kokkos)
- Special ECP issue of Transition to Accelerated Nodes
- Decided to have an article summarizing publications showing device portability + use cases.
ECP task updates
Rename master branch?
- Need to wait for some changes to git before the transition (for some automated features of repo).
- Can we for a time have a master that mirrors the new default?
- Don't know, but seems possible. Will have to look into that.