Attendees: Ken Moreland (SNL), Ollie Lo (LANL), Rob Maynard (Kitware), Mark Kim (ORNL), Nick Davis (SNL), Taylor Berger (SNL), Matt Larsen (LLNL), Hank Childs (UO)
ECP notes and announcements:
- End of Q1 coming up fast!
- At the beginning of December will start collecting progress for month/quarter.
- Want to have all of the milestones completed by December 19 at the latest.
- Annual meeting is soon (January 14-18)
- Everyone going must register by December 14 at https://ecpannualmeeting.com/
- Dave P. is working on our poster
- Draft at https://www.dropbox.com/s/1le41braw8x1e7w/VTKmPoster_v3.pptx?dl=0
- Hank volunteers to put a square on performance and user story
- Matt will allow us to use slides from his recent video
- Hank suggests quad: why VTK-m is good, performance, use/apps, milestone highlights
- We are part of a tutorial for alpine
ECP deliverable updates:
- [MS-18/09] Better Dynamic Types Impl
- Updated the merge request.
- Some outstanding issues: policy issues, dynamic cast visibility
- Of these two, the dynamic cast visibility needs to be fixed before declaring success
- Dashboard issues need to be fixed
- [MS-19/01] VTK-m Release 2
- [MS-19/02] Productionize zfp compression
- The 1,2,3D filters and worklets are done with testing.
- Working on documentation next
- [MS-19/03] Clip
- MR is in.
- Probably work won't happen until Monday.
Ken working on using atomics to build Keys array.
Ollie's student has an initial implementation of operations on hyper tree grids (streamlines and volume rendering).
Note, Ollie is hoping to get students for the LANL data/vis summer program.
Rob made sure all base VTK-m types have move constructors and created a test for that.
Matt has been working on a new volume renderer that will work on any mesh type through virtuals.